Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flashback: Basic Training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Flashback: Basic Training Empty
PostSubject: Flashback: Basic Training   Flashback: Basic Training EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 4:44 pm

War never changes. Weapons, technology, even how we fight always change. But war never changes. A cruel mistress that seeks only the destruction of everything around her. I guess that's why I found myself signing up for the army. I wanted to help people. I wanted to be a cop but they wouldn't take me for one reason or another. Instead I joined the military, much to the regret of the countless dead left in my squad's wake. Basic Training was probably the hardest part. But then again they say that the bets of the best start off weak.

Forgive me, I've gotten ahead of myself. My name is classified but you may call me Crane. For reasons I cannot explain to you much of my life is classified. It was along time ago. So long ago now, that I can hardly remember much anymore. But what I do remember is that I was in a war. It was a war that seemed to go on forever. It cost countless lives on both sides, and innocents. I had just signed up for the military and been shipped out for basic training. Unlike normal military we were shipped out to an island fortress. It was a large beautiful place. But was designed to break us. I was probably the only one used to military treatment since both my mother and father had been officers.

I disembarked from the boat, bag slung over my shoulder as I went. I came off the boat along with the others, frowning as I walked with the others. I went with them toward the barracks, but wasn't through the door before someone tried to pick a fight. I was shoved toward a bunk, and frowned as I put my bag down on the bed. Turning to face the woman in front of me I glared at her, waiting for her to try anything. I knew what the rules in a place like this were. I'd grown up with them. But I was willing to break this one for this bitch's sake.

"You got a problem?" I asked, my fingers curling as I made a fist.

"Yeah. There's a skinny whore in my way. Now move it before I kick your ass!" the other woman said.

I just stood there and shook my head. I moved as if I were going to leave and threw a wide left hook. She ducked under my arm and came back with a jab to my side. It hurt but not as much as you might think. But it didn't go much longer. I'd tackled her and was about to start wailing on her when the Training Instructor came in, screaming at us. She literally grabbed me by my collar and threw me off the other woman. That's pretty much all there was to the first day. I don't know if she had some kind of begrudging respect for me, or what but she didn't touch me again. As for the Training Instructor, however, she had it out for me.

The next few days were boring, just us learning the stuff we needed to know. It wasn't until the first day of our physical training at the end of the week that I was singled out. She called on me specifically and as I walked toward her she grinned.

"Drop and start doing push ups!" she demanded.

I mentally groaned and got down on the ground to begin doing the physical work. From day one she'd been out to get me, and I knew it. But I wasn't going to break. My body was stronger than this. I could take more punishment, deal more out. I was faster than anyone else in our training squad. I had already proven myself better than they were. But every time I did this bitch seemed to think she could break me. I had broken the last record that was held by one of the Lieutenants on base.

At the end of the day, sure I was sore. But I had proven to the others that I could take anything the bitch could deal out and keep going with the rest of them. We needed a Dorm Chief, someone to be squad leader, and many of them turned to me for it. I tried to explain I wasn't leader material but they didn't let up. So at the end of it I took it to the TI. I was given the job since it just gave her more of an opportunity to punish me for the infractions of others. But that came with the squad leader.

As the days passed and we continued, it seemed like a blur. I became much stronger than the others, and they were surprised to find that I had a tattoo they hadn't noticed before. I'd had it for a while and had only noticed it myself a few days into our training. But I had gotten stronger after obtaining it and it made me special. I didn't care, if it made me stronger. It didn't seem to cost anything to increase my body's strength.

When it came to Warrior Week, I was in charge of our team. And during the shooting range situation, while I didn't do well with the pistol, I had a perfect score when it came down to the rifle. I had earned the Sharpshooter's award, and had a choice of going to the sniper's training, which I would later do. But during the war games my squad came in first. I was at the top of our graduating class. I stood there, wearing the black beret, with silver wings on it. I was one of the few of us that earned that symbol. Only three in one hundred earned the beret and my TI was pissed because of it.

It wasn't until after Basic Training that I was shipped out to my training school, but that's another story. Maybe I'll tell you about it. Maybe.

(1,000/750)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Flashback: Basic Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flashback: Basic Training   Flashback: Basic Training EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:39 am

Updated
Back to top Go down

Flashback: Basic Training
Page 1 of 1