Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kitty Rescue (Closed)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 3:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 Lexipost
In the last couple months I hadn't seen or heard from Saito, not even during the one night a month that I spent inside his apartment hiding from Lance in puppy mode. Each time I would let myself into his home, I would be greeted by his pet cat meowing for food and attention. I had never had much experience with felines but I was under the impression that they only sought out attention when it suited them. I was pleasantly surprised that Saito's cat would run circles rubbing against my legs from the moment I came through the door until I refilled the cat feeder with chow from the cupboard and add more water to the auto waterer thingy that would always be bone dry by the time I got there.

After the cat would eat and drink as much as it needed, it would come and join me on the couch to keep me company while I played refugee for the night. When the morning sun would wake me, I would find myself curled up on the couch with the cat asleep in the curve of my body. Our interaction went on this way for some time. I would start bringing canned cat food with me to give the poor thing a little treat. When I would return the next month, none of the other cans that I had left had been opened so I began to seriously wonder when Saito had last been home.

I felt guilty searching through his belongings, but I needed to know if he had come home recently, for the sake of the poor kitty of course. I couldn't find any signs of life anywhere in the place. The sheets hadn't been washed in way too long, neither had the dirty clothes... which is what I spent this full moon doing. Now I don't usually do laundry for random guys but he was letting me crash at his place once a month and if the laundry stayed like that any longer it was going to get up and walk itself to the laundry room.

While I went around the place, cleaning what I could and closing off what I couldn't; the cat stayed right with me meowing the whole time. Even though I know cats can't talk, I would almost swear that Saito's was trying to communicate with me. It seemed like it was trying to tell me that he hadn't been there in a very long time. I even found myself talking to the little one as if it was another person in the room.

The past few times I had been over, I had left thank you notes and reminders that the cat food was getting low on the kitchen counter, but each time I would come back my notes were still in the same place. I had tried his phone numerous times and only gotten voicemail. I hadn't left messages other than to identify myself and ask him to call me when he got a chance. This time was different. After putting his freshly laundered sheets back on his bed, and resisting the urge to crash there for the night instead of the couch, I put his clothes away and went back to the kitchen to write my final note to him.

'Saito,
It's been a few months since I've seen or talked to you. It doesn't even seem like you've been back to your apartment in all that time. Your sheets have been washed and the bed remade, the clothes that were in the dirty pile on the floor have been washed and put into drawers. The rest of the apartment has been cleaned. I asked the cat if it wanted to come home with me and it nodded so I'm taking the cat. If you are really coming home regularly and I just couldn't find evidence of that then just come to my place and get the cat back, but until I know that you are taking care of it, I will let it live with me. I hope you are alright and that you come over soon to get your pet back. If I don't hear anything from you before the next full moon, I will find somewhere else to hide that night. Thank you for letting me hide here, I always felt safe. Please call me, if for no other reason than to let me know you are still alive. I hope to hear from you soon.

-Lexi'

Given the fact that none of my other notes looked like they had been read, I picked up my phone and dialed Saito's number for the millionth time. Voicemail. No shocker there. Finally the beep comes, if it is letting me leave another message it means that his voicemail box isn't full yet, which it should be on my previous messages alone. I took that as a good sign, if he was clearing out messages, he was alive. The new message I left was much like the others except for the fact that I mentioned cleaning his apartment, taking the cat home with me to make sure it would be fed regularly, and that if I didn't hear from him within the month I would find another full moon crash pad. Wrapping up with thick, almost emotional 'I hope you're ok, please call me to let me know', I ended the call and began to pack the cat's things into a large box. I had also been bringing over little cat toys to try and help the poor thing break up the boredom and tonight I had brought a plush little cat bed with me to see if it would sleep there.

Now everything I had brought over, plus the food and water feeders, went into the large box. I wasn't sure how to actually transfer the cat itself, I hadn't planned on doing that until I searched over the apartment. Most cats refused to walk on any sort of leash but it was beginning to look like that was my only option. Glancing down to the cat seated at my feet, I cock my head to the side and take that final step over the line to crazy town. "If I make you a rope leash, will you walk on it just far enough to reach my place in one piece? I promise to take it off as soon as we get inside my apartment. It's the only way I can get you and all your stuff in one trip." I didn't really expect the cat to answer back but since it had nodded to my previous question I figured I would give it a shot. It looked like it understood what I said, analyzed it in that little head, and then lifted its face to me before nodding clearly. "Alright then, let's make you a leash. It's almost dawn."

I had seen some twine when I was putting Saito's clothes in his closet so I went back in there and cut off a piece long enough to go around the cat's neck and give it some comfortable walking room. I made a little sliding knot at the end then looped it over the cat's head. It was plenty long for the cat to walk a little ahead of or behind me while we make the early morning journey.

Once that was taken care of, I made a last trip around the apartment to make sure everything was turned off or unplugged so no fires could start. With that done we were ready to set out. The cat didn't seem to really like the leash but it was tolerating it well. We made good time, thanks to there being little to no traffic, and were soon trudging up the stairs of my building. Since the sun was already up I knew it would be safe to enter so I put my key in the door and opened it slowly. Once the cat was inside I let go of the leash with the promise to take it off as soon as I set the box down.

The box landed on the coffee table for the moment so I could bend down and slip the twine over the cat's head. "Alright, you're free. Thank you for putting up with that. Go on and inspect the place. I would probably steer clear of the far bedroom. That's Lance's room and I suspect that he's more of a dog person. My bedroom is the open door, I think we'll set your stuff up in there so you don't have to interact with Lance so much." As if the cat could understand me perfectly, it made a beeline for my room and began to familiarize itself with the space. Bringing the box with me, I pulled out the food and water bowls and asked where the cat would like them. The animal moved to the wall under the windows and stopped there so I put the bowls down next to it. Then I brought out the empty and cleaned litter box. The cat went to the far corner beside my dresser, so that's where the box was put to await some fresh litter. Last to come out of the box was the plush kitty bed. When the cat saw this in my hand, it jumped up onto my bed, sniffed each side to figure out which one I slept on and then took a seat on the unused side. "Good choice. You have excellent skills in interior design." I spoke with a chuckle as I placed the cat bed in front of the hardly used pillow. "Alright, let me get your litter box set up and then your food and water. After that I have to get ready for work, but I will be back home this evening. I promise I won't ever leave you alone for days on end. Oh and I'll introduce you to Lance when I get home tonight. Until then you should probably stay in this room where you will be safe. I'll shut the door today but we can leave it open once Lance knows about you." I couldn't believe that I was talking to a cat, but it was actually good company.

I filled the box and the bowls to make sure the cat was all set up before jumping in the shower to get ready for work. Lance would probably sleep for another hour or so before dragging himself to work but I didn't want to take the risk of him seeing the cat and freaking out without me around to mediate. Closing the bedroom door behind me, after reminding the cat that I would be back later in the evening, I headed out of the apartment and down to the parking garage. Usually I put my phone on silent or vibrate during business hours but since now I was worried about Saito, I made the decision to leave it on and at full volume. I wanted to know the second he called, if he called.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:52 pm

*Saito*

"Do you have somewhere to go, or should we just do this in the living room?" he asked wryly, shrugging slightly. "How do you want to do it? If you're just trying to get tougher, we could just spar. If you're trying to develop some kind of magical solution, then I can just serve as blunt force. First we need to know what you're trying to gain from this, then we can go from there."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 pm

"Hmm, well we can go down to the basement, that is where I took Lance when he wanted to fight me. It's not as creepy as your basement so I don't mind it so much. As for what I want out of it, I don't necessarily need a magical solution, I just need to find a way to defend against physical attacks so they won't take me out before I have a chance to do anything. I guess that would be the make me tougher choice, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 pm

*Saito*

"Probably." he noted. "Or just learn the defense. Either way." he noted with a slight shrug before moving to her and placing a hand on her shoulder only to have the ground beneath their feet fall away into nothing, the pair of the vanishing through the floor only to halt briefly in a shadowy expanse, a flat land of pools of shadow that glimmered into images when you watched them before Saito moved imperceptibly fast and drew them both through one of them, bringing them up into the basement of her complex.

"Why did Lance want to fight you?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, as though nothing had happened as he stepped foreword and began removing his jacket.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:54 pm

That mode of travel still unsettles me, and probably would always do so, but it was kind of exciting. There was so much more control his way as opposed to my walking through walls, but I was still slightly bummed that I couldn't use my little power to try and impress him a bit. Oh well, maybe another time. When we emerge from his shadow walk thingy, I take a moment to regain my bearings and make my eyes focus on his movements. "Lance claimed to want a sparring partner but when he couldn't touch me at all during the first session he got all butt hurt about it. Then the second time I let him get in a number of free hits to save his ego but he still couldn't beat me. He hasn't asked to train with me since then. I think it bummed him out that I could evade him for so long, not to mention the fact that he couldn't rip my throat out when he finally clawed and pounced me. I could tell that he wanted to take more than one bite out of me when that happened." Since I was still dressed in my work clothes, I slipped the jacket from my shoulders and tossed it to the floor. It was bound for the cleaners this weekend anyway so a little more dirt wouldn't make a difference. My fingers hesitated as they pulled the hem out my blouse out of the waistband of my slacks. I would need the freedom of movement but I wasn't too keen on the idea of sparring with Saito while wearing a very nice silk blouse that cost quite a chunk of money. "Umm... would it be awkward for you if I took my blouse off? It cost way too much to risk tearing or getting it bloody."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:55 pm

*Saito*

He looked to her for a moment before shaking his head, removing his own shirt in the process and smiling slightly. "It won't be a problem." he noted as he breathed out slowly, acclimating to the room, his toned chest and arms bared to the crisp air of the celler, the long scar now running at a slight angle down his sternum visible in the light as he readied himself. He seemed to change, almost imperceptibly, his normally calm frame seeming to solidify into absolute certainty of itself, his feet spreading across the floor beneath him a bit wider than normal as he drew one hand foreword, palm open to the ceiling and kept the other chambered, also open but with his palm towards the floor and the hand angled down as his feet slid a bit wider, sinking him into a stable but flexible stance, breathing regular and even. For a moment his muscles tensed, the strength of steel cables running through his body as if to check for weaknesses before they relaxed entirely, allowing him properly fluid motion. "Alright... come at me as though you were going to attack."
191 / 3999

Last edited by Surreal SaDiablo on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:55 pm

"Good" Pulling my blouse over my head, I set it gently on top of my jacket to make sure it wouldn't touch the dirty floor. Then, taking full advantage of my back being slightly turned toward Saito, I adjust everything else to make sure the important parts are sufficiently covered. It wasn't like the man hadn't already seem everything I have to show, it was just that he hasn't seen them in action and unless the action takes place in an intimate capacity then I want to keep it that way. When I turn back around to face him I can't help but appreciate the way his body moves as he takes his stance. Thankfully I am able to curb the appreciation before it enters unwelcome territory and becomes illicit fantasy. Now he wants me to come at him like I am going to attack... this should be hilarious because if there is anything I suck more at than defending myself it would be attacking someone else physically. Following his order, I take a deep breath and rush forward as if I am going to try to land a punch to his chin.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:34 am

*Saito*

He doesn't counter, shifting backwards slightly to allow her punch to pass through the air as he shifts foreword once more, bringing his fingertips to the center of her bare chest and pushing backwards against it to push her back. He worked hard to keep her from falling backwards, hoping that he pushed just hard enough to send her stumbling back, but he wasn't used to holding back and sparring against someone of human limitations just yet. Still, Lexi wasn't quite human, and she might be able to stand up against it a bit better than he would expect. Even trying to take her seriously, he was still attempting not to harm her yet. "Attacking is difficult, but keeping your balance during it is crucial. You'll end the fight before your opponent has to do anything but react if you can't respond.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:34 am

I should have known this was how it would play out. The thought comes to my mind just after the man's fingers make contact with my chest and send my body's momentum in the opposite direction. At first I manage to stay on my feet by shuffling and stumbling but eventually I feel myself begin to topple backwards. Self preservation kicks in and to keep my head from striking hard cement, my body folds into a sitting position so that my rear end would take the brunt of the impact. Just before my rump strikes the floor, I have an epiphany. Activating the wisp ability, I am able to stop my fall and comes to a rest hovering barely an inch from the cement. Before I can congratulate myself on the moment of quick thinking, Saito speaks and earns himself a stuck out tongue. "That's usually the stance I take in a fight. I'm not familiar with being the aggressor."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:35 am

*Saito*

"That's because you surrender the initiative." he pointed out. "Notice that even when I told you to attack, it was my decision that set events in order. It's a mindset you have to get into: You are in control of the situation." he noted, smiling slightly as he breathed out once more. "I know you're looking to train in defense, but even with that in mind I wanted to point this out to you. Now, would you like me to attack, or do you feel like coming at me?" he asked easily, his hand reversing to bring his palm to the floor and his fingers bunching up tightly, forming a crane's beak as he shifts a bit into another stance, stronger on the first leg than the second.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:35 am

Wait, I'm confused. If I am missing the whole 'I'm in control' memo, then why do I find it so irritating when I actually relinquish control to someone else? Like right now, why do I feel slightly annoyed at a man with whom I wanted to fall into bed a few moments ago only because I feel that he is in control of me? Grr, too many questions, not enough answers. Returning my focus to Saito and the situation at hand, I rise back on to my feet and cancel the wisp. "Why don't we trade off attacks? Take turns rushing each other or what have you. That would mean it is your turn to come at me." Since his stance had changed, mine would also. Instead of readying to charge, I shift my weight to my back leg in case a dodge sidestep is warranted.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:36 am

*Saito*

"I'll try and match your speed." He noted before he shifted foreword, movements comparatively slow as he pushed off from the ground, sweeping his leg foreword only to let his fingertips jab towards her ribcage off to the side, swinging in a looping pattern to try and lure her into a counterattack. His foot shifting foreword braced itself quickly, his weight carefully balanced between them as his other hand chambered itself, settling itself into a palm-strike that he kept readied instead of launching.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:36 am

Since I didn't want to try the same thing with Saito that I had with Lance the first time around, I didn't take the easy way out and jump into the air above his head. This wasn't necessarily about me evading until he ran out of steam, this was to teach me how to take what comes or stop it before I have to. Letting his attack land, I grit my teeth and wait for the contact. When it comes, I try and absorb the energy behind it and remain balanced. This time there are no stumbles or shift of my body. Also, there is no counter attack, instead I choose this moment to take evasive action and turn my body around his to block myself off from the palm strike that appeared to be coming.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:37 am

*Saito*

"Good. You neutralized what would otherwise have been a strong secondary blow." he commented, remaining where he was with his fingertips punched at her rib. The attack wouldn't have been instantly crushing, like a normal punch, but it would begin to ache a bit over time, like a weakening strike. "The palm blow would have been an internal shock, and in a serious match might have been devastating. Try to not just take and accept the attack, however, and instead find ways to redirect it. If your opponent hits where they intend to with the intended force, then their attack has still succeeded. Aim for a preemptive strike for the joints for an offensive way to reassert yourself." he noted, retaining his stance. "Your move."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:37 am

Hmm, he said to aim for the joints. While I can see the positive aspect of that, I also have a difficulty following directions. His joints don't look particularly appealing... unless....

Even as my opposite arm comes around in front of me to strike the back of the shoulder of his extended arm, I expect him to find a way to do what he had told me to. To prevent or redirect my strike before it could harm him, but other than a kidney shot, it was pretty much my only option.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 am

*Saito*

He didn't disappoint, snapping his hand out to catch her wrist between his own wrist and his hand and carry her past him, using her own momentum in an attempt to slide her past him and sweep her feet from under her at the same time, trying to show her without hurting her. "Attacking too far in like that will get you caught, the travel time is too long. Only strike for the back side like that when you're in close." he noted; even uf she managed to dodge past him, he would carry himself after her and turn, shifting quickly on his heels to rotate and attempt to place a finger along her kidney in the back, not to hurt but to point out that he could have hurt before he chuckled slightly. "Are you learning anything, or do I have to actually hit you to make it work?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 am

My wrist was trapped by the man and his strength was easily paired with my momentum to slide my body past him but by the time his attempt to sweep my feet from under me came, I was prepared and ready to try and regain control. Pulling my captured wrist free, I propel my body away from his using the energy behind the slide. Spinning back to face him, my hand comes up to catch the finger he extended to possibly hit another pressure point on my body. Flashing him a half smile, I tilt my head to one side. "I might be learning a thing or two, but I think you're going to have to man up and actually hit me at some point."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

*Saito*

He grinned slightly as he watched her catch his finger, not sure that she would have had the presence of mind to do so before he whirled slightly, removing his finger from her grasp and bringing his hands together before spreading them in a low stance, front hand close to the ground with palm up and leg extended beneath it in a long crouch, his other arm snapped up with the palm down like a scorpion's tail, ready to strike. "Alright, then... Come at me, this time. Do you want me to hit you in what I would consider fighting force, or match your effort?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 3:21 am

Releasing his finger, I watch him take on his next stance... and this one makes me chuckle softly. When I regain my composure, I bite at my lip for a second before answering the question he posed. "Fighting force. The demon won't go easy on me just because I'm a girl, so you shouldn't either. If Lance has no trouble biting me and enjoying it, then you should be able to hurt me without any problem." Now comes the part I don't like. That whole 'come at me' thing. Even as I consider how best to attack him I can see ways that he could foil my plan. If I try to approach and land a downward punch I give him close range access to my entire body. If I launch a kick aimed for him, I disrupt my balance enough so that he could take me to the floor with little to no effort. Either way I am certain that I will feel the force of his strength and the cement floor in a matter of seconds. Deciding that the kick would be my best bet, I spin my body around, extending my leg in what I hope passes for a non retarded attack aimed for his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:03 am

*Saito*

He watches the kick aimed to her shoulder and seems to focus a bit more, his form almost blurring. There was something to be said for holding back and maintaining form at the expense of power, but he refused to pretend that he was weaker than he was when she explicitly asked him to take this seriously. Shifting foreword swiftly into the kick, he whirled and brought a forearm into her thigh as she approached, stopping the kick and breaking it before it began only to bring his other palm into her stomach, squaring his stance from the waist and transferring direct force directly into her organs. She was unlikely to have anything broken, but if she took it particularly badly she might feel sick at the sudden shocking force to her stomach, liver, and other internal organs. Disruptive, not externally damaging, but like previously the ache would increase. Unlike before, however, it wouldn't cap at a simple ache, and would quickly rise to full blown pain.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:04 am

The kick was stopped before it even had a chance to go far and for a moment my thigh screamed in protest... but only for a moment thanks to the palm strike right to my stomach. All breath is knocked from my lungs, partially due to the force of the palm and somewhat from the shock of the impact. There wasn't much pain at first, more the aforementioned shock and loss of breath, but as my body fell backward (this time with my rear end landing with a very loud and solid thud on the cement), I could feel the lingering ache become more pronounced with each passing second. The first bit of breath I am able to take back in to my lungs is sent right back out in the form of a panted, "holy shit".
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:04 am

*Saito*

He breathed out and spread into a more battle ready form, one hand knife-edged towards her and his other hand held at the same stance just before his stomach, closed and sideways towards her as he looked to her with a fighter's intensity, watching her every move and taking her seriously even on the ground as he breathed out, a sense of power flowing from his form. "A standard strike." he pointed out. "I can throw those all day. I don't know how strong your demon is, but that's one of the most basic attacks I can muster. There are roughy two levels higher than that, though to be fair you're substantially stronger than a normal human. That would have badly injured most people."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:05 am

Concentrating on keeping my airways open and freely moving, I watch him with a slight scowl. The demon had never punched me across the floor before so I didn't know how this was actually going to help me against him, but then again, the demon had never had to do more than pin me and start slicing. Hearing that a strike like that could have badly injured a normal human gave me some hope that this wasn't completely pointless. The stabbing pains in my midsection angrily cast their vote in the opposite direction. Once I struggled my way to my feet once again, with one arm cradling my abdomen, I look to the man across from me with a determined gaze. "How about hitting me with the strongest attack you have. Let's see how much I can really take."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:05 am

*Saito*

He cocked his head to the side slightly and frowned a bit. "I don't know that that's a good idea. It tends to be a pretty dangerous attack; I've brought down buildings with it before. I'll do it if you want, but understand that this is dangerous, and I warn you against pushing yourself." he said with a slight sigh even as he breathed out, his palm beginning to glow slightly as he shifted his stance, bringing his hands together in front of him as he watched her. "I wouldn't kill you, obviously, but I want you to understand that this will hurt... a lot."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:06 am

Taking a step closer to him, my eyes locked on his face. I nod my head as I prepare my body for what he was about to deliver. "I understand, Saito. Just do it. I can take it. I have to learn to take it." I knew this could very well be the last attack I can stand from him tonight, but up until this point he had only made me feel true pain once. My goal was to up my threshold so where better to start than his strongest hit.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:42 am

*Saito*

He sighed lightly before he smiled to her. "I've been working on an attack that is instant and final... let's see if I've perfected it yet." he noted as he looked to her, watching her carefully. "Sorry about this." There was a blur, then, as though time dilated; his hands would part, a sort of energy crackling between them, invisible to the eye but shuddering the air between them as though a shockwave. He would stride towards her, his form flickering and fading halfway through only to appear behind her, the deadly energy focusing into the palm of a single hand as he brought them together only to slowly, remove it, draw it back, and, with perfect form and execution, bring it into her back, just above her heart. It would happen in the blink of an eye, but at the same time very slowly, perceptibly, before her heart would begin to beat faster and the world would start to catch up with it.

And then the pressure would occur, stronger than a sledgehammer, a bullet across and through her heart spreading through her veins with every beat of her suddenly racing pulse, every throb doubling the last as her own body tore itself apart, the destructive energy rampaging through it to tear at everything in it's path.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:43 am

If I had been totally oblivious to his warnings I might have freaked out and lost all focus at the sight of the space trembling between his hands. I knew I would feel pain unlike any I had ever felt before, unlike any I have ever even imagined. Clearing my mind, concentrating on the strength in my body and in my will, I tell myself that I can withstand anything that comes... that I can not only survive Saito's destructive force but also that of the demon.

Even with the pep talk and the centering technique, I was not ready for what met my body. First off I was expecting the attack to come to the front of my body, not my back, and certainly not right at my heart which is exactly what it felt like. If I didn't know any better I would have sworn that the man's entire hand had punched through the flesh and bone of my back and torn right through the beating muscle of my tender heart. The force was minimal compared to the condensed wave of energy that disrupted the steady beat of my life. For a second, that felt more like a lifetime, I was afraid that my heart wouldn't be able to take the energy surge and burst within my rib cage. What came next only proved to support that fear. It was almost as if every system in my body shut down simultaneously. My legs buckled and I crumpled to the floor at his feet. I couldn't move, but at the same time I couldn't feel. For a short time there was no pain, there was no sensation at all. I should have enjoyed that brief moment but I was too busy worrying that I was heading toward the afterlife. When the ability to feel returned it could only be described as sensory overload. There was nothing but pain. Every single cell in my body screamed and burned. If I had the presence of mind to give up and accept death I think I would have, but it wasn't in me to give up or give in. I knew I had to overcome the pain, I had to find something to focus on outside of the agony. The chill of the cement under my cheek where I lay, the sound of a scream reverberating in my head... wait, why is there a scream? So that's what that feeling just beneath the searing sensation in my throat is. Since I didn't even know I was screaming, I couldn't figure out how to stop it. For the time being I would just lay there, on the cold cement floor, focusing on the feel of it against my flesh and the sound of my own cries ringing in my ears.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:43 am

*Saito*

Saito grimaced as he watched her fall, his eyes following her form as he made his way towards her, running a hand over his face. He knew that she asked for it, but he had begun to feel that he overdid it... the technique was incomplete, at least, it wasn't instant as he'd intended it to be. Or perhaps it was simply that he'd been careful not to burst her heart... or, he thought, perhaps it was simply that her heart had refused to burst. Certainly she was stronger than she looked, and as he made his way down to her and flipped her over from the concrete, putting a hand over her mouth lightly to keep her screams from echoing through the whole facility, he sighed and watched her ride it out, wondering how long the effects would last.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

At some point I had closed my eyes, I am not exactly sure when or for how long. Once I felt my body move, my cheek leave the chill of the floor, and a hand come over my mouth to muffle my cries I force dmy eyes to open. It took a few seconds for them to focus on the face above me. Looking up to the man who caused this pain should have filled me with rage but it didn't. He hurt me, but I took it, I didn't give in to the pain and pass out or roll over and wait for death. That counts for something right?

Closing my mouth beneath his hand, I cease the screams before struggling to lift my arm to his wrist. Mustering all of my remaining energy, I push his hand down to my chest until it rests right above my heart and offer a weak smile up to him. In a weak whisper I try to make light of the situation. "I think you broke it... kiss it and make it better?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:53 am

*Saito*

He watched her hand raise to his wrist and pry it off of her mouth, smiling down to her as she did so and allowing her to remove it and bring it right to her heart, the soft skin beneath his fingertips almost distracting before he caught the rest of her words and grinned slightly down to her, lowering himself down to her in a quite flexible shift to move his hand and kiss the space just above her heart with his scarred lips, not long, but with an uncharacteristically casual movement as he grinned a bit. "You asked for it." he noted as he got to his feet with her in his arms, carrying her as though she were nothing more than a doll before moving to gather her clothes. "I think that's enough for now."
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 4:53 am

I had actually been joking about the kiss but I wasn't going to try and stop him as he lowered his head to do exactly what I asked. When he pulled away from my chest and spoke with that adorable grin, I nod my head and allow him to take me into his arms. "You're right, I did ask for it. Thank you for not arguing with me about it." Even the gentle movements of being carried caused fresh surges of pain to run through my body, but these were nothing like the original had been so I tried my best not to react to them and tip the man off to what was happening. Resting my face against his chest, I sigh softly before attempting another nod. "I think so too. Will you take me to bed?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:06 am

*Saito*

He nodded idly. "I'm sorry about that, for the record. The attack is incomplete, and I think I underestimated your tolerance. As intended, the destructive energy typically overloads processing before the pain can set in, or at least it should. You're rather resilient, to sustain it through." he added with a slight smile, appearing once more in the apartment above before moving to her bedroom to lay her down, walking easily. "Has it calmed down yet?"
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:06 am

The vibrations of his voice that come through his chest relax me while giving me something much better than cold concrete to over rule the pain. I listen to him without moving or making any noises, only breathing soft shallow breaths. When we return to my apartment and he takes me to my bedroom, I shift my head to watch his face as he moves me to the bed. "Don't be sorry, it didn't kill me so that means it made me stronger. It did do that overload thing. There was a nice moment where I could feel anything, pain or otherwise. I guess that was the point where I was supposed to pass out or die. I never was one to do what I should." My lips curve slightly when I think about his last question. "If I tell you it hasn't calmed down yet, will you feel bad enough to lay down with me?" I knew the ploy probably wouldn't work but I wasn't really in a position to care. Besides, I could always plead pain induced insanity later on after he rejects me.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:18 am

*Saito*

He almost stopped to think about it before he decided to fuck it, and let himself go a bit. Perhaps it was the exercise from before, perhaps it was being alive again, or maybe he was just trying to work on being less of a stick in the mud, but for whatever reason he shifted down to lie next to her in the bed, breathing out gently in a relaxed sort of way as he shifted her beside him, breathing out almost lazily and putting an arm behind his head, the other looped gently beneath her with a hand lightly on her waist as he brought a blanket to her hand with it, letting her cover herself as much or as little as she wanted. "Maybe just this once." he said, the same smile still on his face as he closed his eyes lightly.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:18 am

I hadn't expected that answer, but I don't think anything else in the world would have made me happier at that moment. Having him here, like this, just this once was all I really needed. Being an imaginative girl, I could make this one night last me years in memory alone, which is exactly what I planned on doing. As funny as it may sound, especially considering the fact that all the pain I feel right now came directly from his hands, I feel safe with him beside me. Safer than I've ever felt before. No demon can touch me here and no psycho emo wolf room mate can scare me.

Leaving the blanket where he had pulled it, I try to take his hand instead. If he would let me do this, I would sigh once more before drifting off into a recuperative sleep while enjoying the feel of his body next to mine.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:39 am

*Saito*

Raising an eyebrow lazily to look at the hand of hers moving to grasp his, he let her have it. In for a penny, in for a pound, as they said, and frankly he was rather enjoying it as he felt her hand wrap around his, her body relaxing against him as he closed his own eyes and began to doze. He didn't need to, of course, but nevertheless, sometimes it was nice to just relax... "Night." He murmured idly, allowing himself to drift off into a nap, laying in bed beside her as he faded into sleep.
98 / 5686
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 5:40 am

As I felt myself drifting into the welcoming nothingness of deep sleep that only a content soul can experience, I knew this was a very bad idea. Being the hopeless romantic that I am I knew that I would miss this feeling when the morning comes. Even while my brain could warn me of these things, my heart... as bruised and battered as it is... wouldn't dream of having it any other way. The man resting beside me, owner of the hand wrapped in mine, was the best friend I had ever found. If that is all he ever wanted to be I would accept it and cherish his friendship, but that wouldn't stop me from being selfish for this one night so that I could have a small taste of what more would be like. Come tomorrow we would once again be two friends, but tonight in my dreams we would be more. Just before my train of thought veers from the tracks and into the dense forest of unconsciousness, I wonder where the kitten had run off to while we were gone and if she was hiding in a corner somewhere laughing at the pair of us.
199 / 10,033
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:53 am

Updated Alexis.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Updated Saito
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kitty Rescue (Closed)   Kitty Rescue (Closed) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kitty Rescue (Closed)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2