Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Passing Judgement [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male
Number of posts : 851
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Passing Judgement [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:01 pm

Passing Judgement [Closed] Reirei_01
It was time that I dealt with this particular individual, and it was long enough in the wait. I should have done this a while ago, but had not the time to deal with it. It was a scavenger that had to kill in anything that seemed relevant. But that was not all- it was a spirit. Because workers had not been able to see it, if they were not spiritually aware. My eyes narrowed as I walked forward, seeing the being that was before me, it was no child. An adult, with black and unkempt hair. It would take food left unawares in a joking manor and devour the human worldly sustenance quickly. I wondered if I should pity the creature, but what point in that was there? It stole and robbed, taking even from worker's pockets on a few occasions. Though Harlem would be my realm of protection for my lord, these people were my current concern, those within the small village. I would have to rise my armies later, when I truly reached 'nobility' status. Whenever that happened, it would truly be up to my master- but I would show that I would protect, protect those within the kingdom.

I would reach within ten paces of the spirit and pause to look down at it. It never knew when one was doing that, or it his the knowledge well. Still, I studied the creature even as my blade was slid out of the sheath in my mind. I found myself just killing it, but what was the point in that, killing it without knowing a thing about it. I would have to find out about it and then make my decision. there were no on-lookers, everyone was busy with something. I would speak out to it, in a clear voice, but not yelling.

"Spirit, you are still here? You make from the workers their hard worked for meals and tools for what they may do- even the mesely pay that my maaster delivers to them. You are lucky that Master Domen Yun has not come down and flicked you away like a mere pest. But I have come to pass judgement in his stead. Tell me your reasons for these thefts and I shall judge and weight them."

The spirit flinched at the sting of accusation and the sharpness in my voice. I spoke firm, but not angerly. The young spirit's look in human form was that of a young male, between twenty and twenty five. I knew that age meant nothing to a spirit, so I did not attempt to guess his age. He was humped over his latest catch, I assumed, and I could see that it was a hammer. Though it was battered and had splinters. That didn't matter much to a spirit, though. But his eyes betrayed that he was young, and likely scared.

"I-I am just trying to help them. Their tools sometimes need replacing. I do the best I can, using the methods I'd seen in my old village. that was, form me, a long time ago. Maybe twenty years. But these men work hard, and even my eyes see that. For what purpose, I have no knowledge. The food I take, I am trying to build up the strength to return to my village."

I could sense his nervousness, but there was one more question that I needed to know the answer to. besides I could tell that a majority of that was a lie. Tools had not been return, and food for that? People food did nothing for spirits in this stage. But I would reveal none of that as I would nod sharply at the end. He gave a little squeal as I placed my hand to the smooth wood of my naginata, the grip surprisingly cool in the sunlight.

"And you have been doing this for nearly a week- an I myself have observed you for three days between m trainings. Tell me, why you did not simply go to the desert city of Hejar? I know they have far more food then this place. You would have known that, living within the desert or even this realm for twenty years."

again, he flinched back as thought stung, as though physically slapped in the face with the question. I could feel his life crumbling. He knew it as well, and he had no time to think up a new lie. He would snap his head at me and cleared after that throaty laugh, a serious look on his sickly face, gauntly pulled around the bones on his face. I knew what was about to happen- spirits were close to nature, and Kurohoshi himself was like one, but visible to humans. And this spirit was about to change into an animal.

"Human, you will see that-"

I had moved to the front of him after being ten paces away, stunning him into silence. A low chuckle slipped my own lips, but mine was within the voice limits of my youth. I would look up at him with my hard eyes, eyes that said that I had known battle. That this was no different. The naginata would seem to slide in my grip before I would vanish as my eyes changed to a sapphire and my body would change to be perfect, any scars were gone. Not that it mattered, as my polearm would slash into the part-wolf's skin, biting in and tearing a basketball sized piece of flesh out. I would land on his back, as he was getting massive. a paw was swung at me, but I was gone again, this time at his throat, slashing it with my blade and showing no remorse for the strike.

I would land on the side of the beast and look back at it with glaring sapphire pools of anger. How dare he endanger Domen Yun's workers? I would turn around with a snap on the naginata and splash it's spirtual blood on it's own fur. I would then walk over to my horse, who was waiting. It seemed to be snickering at the dead demon, and why not? It was a fool to have been doing what it was doing. I would slip the naginata into a harness sheath, and then pull myself up with a low sigh. I'd not the strength to carry it to the devourer of my prey, the sea. I would turn the horse around and go to the builders. I wondered if they saw what I'd did- the motions I'd went through. If they thought that I was training in my mind again, then I couldn't blame them for thinking that. I would release the form, my eyes quickly bleeding back into black, my body growing less perfect looking. Though I didn't believe that it was bad looking. Then again, many boys my age in the fitness I was in, probably thought that way as well. I would soon arrive at the building site, seeking out the leader among them.

"Where is Overseer Hakim?"
Passing Judgement [Closed] Reirei_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:21 pm

The words would not be ignored; the men working on construction near the area where Rei is address the question as one among them speaks out, “Hakim is at the building site for the temple near the lands edge.” Standing tall on top of a half constructed house, the man shifts his gaze to the east and points the way, though chances were strong Rei would know the place well since it was situated directly above the cavern-palace on ground level; it was the site set to be the beacon of Domenance and the first thing the morning sun hit during its rise.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:33 pm

A sharp nod of the head and a thanks were issued to the one that told me, as well as telling them I wouldn't hold them any longer. I would turn the horse and have the warhorse run over the land, stamping its prints into the sands. I knew where to go- indeed, I'd seen it a few times. I would look at its progress and merely nod at it. I knew little of construction and how it progresses, and I needed to know the progression here to assess something else. Later, I may ride to Harlem and check with Scar and his carpenters. That reminded me, I would have to tell Hakim that the carpenters assisted me on the most southern end of the construction site. I believed that a noble that wasn't corrupt would give thanks, and I hoped that they would at least get a pat on the back from the man.

It took me about twenty minutes to get there, where I used the reins and feet to pull my warhorse into a canter and then a walk, and then a stop, in front of the carpenters, twenty horse paces away. I would hope that they would be as helpful as the others, if I could not see Hakim off the bat- if I did, then I would leave the horse near the enterance and would stride off to meet him. If I could not see him- because he was hidden or not within my sight, I would ask after slipping off Kurohoshi.

"Excuse me, where is Overseer Hakim within the site?"
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:44 pm

A sturdy built male turns around as his name is called. With a glance to Rei, he recognizes him and turns to his men, telling them to continue their work as they had been looking over a scroll of plans. Hakim turns his attention back to Rei and proceeds to walk towards him and out of the skeleton structures of the temple in progress while answering, “I am Hakim. I recognize you as one of the Master’s men. What assistance may I offer you today?” He would proceed until coming to a halt within social distance of Rei for the conversation.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:55 pm

I would smile lightly after the man was coming over, and I would give him a nod of the head to his identification of me. I was asked what he could help me with, and I would speak with some formality in my tone.

"Good late afternoon, Hakim. I wanted to see the plans for the temple- I seek council on construction. I'll be sent to Harlem after a while, and I want to make sure that I'm truly ready. That way I can assist if I'm needed in Harlem."

It was honest, and there was no lie in my body language. It was actually quite funny- as opposed to many of the many muscled built men, I was more thinly built, yet muscle was shown if one were to pull off the top of my yukata. Among these men, it did not look like I belonged.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Hakim folds his arms as he looks down and listens to the considerably younger male. With a nod, he speaks, “ah, I’ve heard of the project there. I must admit, it is a relief that you will be assisting there. The travel would be hard on me and there is so much to do here.” Motioning towards the construction site, he offers, “come, I’ll show you the plans for this temple. Do you have any experience in construction thus far?” His steps bring them to where he was gathered with the ones from just before Rei’s arrival; his hand would come to a large rolled up scroll.

Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:09 pm

I was glade that he had accepted my request, and he seemed to be grateful for it, and I would tell him that it would be no problem. I would also have Scar there to help me build the area up, and I would make it the best that I could. Of course, I would have to rely on those far older then myself in the respects on knowledge of how to build things in sand. We would make our way to the plans and an inquiry was given to me.

"I know a bit- but only village buildings made of wood. Huts, regular homes, store houses, and larger structures. But wooden construction is the limit of my knowledge, I'm afraid. Though I may be a bit rusty on that, its been a few years. Hopefully it will come back quickly, Overseer Hakim."

I actually did start to remember then, but measurements and those exact things I did not. Norm length were to return later in my mind, but I would look at the scroll. stones seemed different then wood, so I would have to rely on Hakim to explain.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:47 pm

His gaze shifts to Rei as he undoes the scroll stretching it out with both hands. As his arms pull each edge its full length to unfurl the document, he answers back, “well a bit is better than nothing. By your age, I had already been working for my father for many years. Carpentry is in my veins much like blood; but you show much promise. I’m glad to see a young man such as you taking interest in this field. A skill is much like handling a blade; something I’m sure you are skilled with.” He holds out the scroll for Rei to see as he continues, “since you will be in Harlem, I hear that area is much more sandy than the cliffs we are building on here. It’s important to remember how differently building on sand is from the firmer grounds of the north. Normally I would do a test dig to find out how deep we need to reach bedrock if any at all was available. That would give me the length of wooden rods I would need for the foundation. I could use wood rods, driving them into the bedrock for the boundary of the building’s foundation, and from there begin to build a framework based on the rods set in place. You want the base or foundation to be considerably heavier than the rest of the building.”

Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

I would give a nod and a thanks to what he said. I had need of the skills, so if I coul peacefully get the skills from someone, I saw no need to be aggressive. Of course, master was much different, but I wouldn't think too much on that fact. I looked over the plans, a bit foreign to my eyes. I knew little of stone work, but that would matter little in Harlem.

It was then that Hakim spoke to me of what he would have done, if he were the one in Harlem. It all made sense to me, a slow nod at first, and a sharp snap of a nod would come at the end as I drew it out in my mind. Not that I would forget, it would just be some help for later.

"That makes sense... because those pillars... er, wooden rods, would have to hold a bit of weight. Not to mention, for any larger buildings, the weight of customers and workers on the first floor. I will speak to Scar about this- I recruited him to help, and Master Domen Yun sent him to Harlem. He's capible, but I don't know if he's as good as yourself, Overseer."

I would agree with it all because it made sense, but there was always the question of- what if the bedrock was mostly shattered or it was very deep into the sands? Then one may find a problem, but I was sure if I needed help I could ride or fly here to ask Hakim. I would also have another question, but that would wait til a bit later- as of late, I'd yet to see Master or hear him. So I would ask about that.

Words: 2075
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Hakim nods and adds, “you will reduce the overall stress on your foundation pillars in your design. Use triangular structures, they are very strong. The more you add to your foundation, the more you can distribute the stress and reduce the work of the foundation pillars. Once you get your wooden frame in place, you can lay down brick above it. Allowing Rei to hold the plans, Hakim would continue, “have your man draw up plans for your basic building… work with him on this with my advice and bring it to me. This way I can look over it and assure there are no major flaws before you actually begin construction. Planning reduced the amount of headache you will have in the future. How does that sound?”

Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:51 pm

I would listen to Hakim and take the plans as I was offered and would nod as I listen more, noting these things in my head. I would turn to him and studied him, though it wasn't a long one as I would nod my head in more of a snapping motion then the nods given when he was speaking as I was noting such things in my head.

"Yes, that sounds best. We haven't really started quite yet on the designs of Harlem's expansion, but the earlier we get the designs, the better, I think. That way, we could get any changes made and known to all the workers, especially the ones that work under Scar. When would you like me to this, Hakim?"

Words: 2,200
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:53 pm

Hakim stands straight folding his arms at his chest as he answers, “you can do this on your leisure, though I know if you’re serving the same master as I, you will want to expedite it. I will be here building the foundations of Domenance, so it will not be hard to find me. Any of my men should be able to point you to me, though I doubt you will have difficulty in finding me.” From there he would leave the ball in Rei’s court, speaking, “I will wait for you to return and we shall continue with the next step in this process. Sound good?”

Back to top Go down
Rei
Veteran
Rei

Male

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 pm

"Sounds good. Until then, Overseer. Oh, and a warning- if it is night and I appear in your shadow, don't freak out. It will just be a quicker method for me to travel. A new power, really."

I would turn and walk over to my horse, where he had waited with great patience. It was one that no normal horse would display, but that mattered little. I would calmly climb into the saddle and have the horse settle out and have the horse go quickly. I didn't want my horse to 'kill himself' trying to get out there, though I knew he could make his own water, and I could always bring up ground water with my Watyrbased. I would release a low sigh on the saddle, but I didn't let the other's see it. I would pluck out a white scarf from the saddle bag and slip it around my neck and continued. I could use it as a turban, later, since I had forgot my kasa, back in Domen's 'upper palace'.

Words: 2,373
train't Capacity - Trained

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passing Judgement [Closed]   Passing Judgement [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Passing Judgement [Closed]
Page 1 of 1