Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Technique Questions

Go down 
+14
Kazakura
Datorru
Themeless
Antifreke
rekoa
Kiun
Dwem
LittleMariko
DarkKnightCecil
Surreal SaDiablo
яuиє
Psi Prince
ShinTre_Admin
aѕceпxion
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Technique Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ω Intense Strikes
TEXP: 2
Fists move so quickly with punches they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Lightning Kicks
TEXP: 2
Feet are able to kick so swiftly that they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Fighter's Heart
TEXP: 5
The ability to fight with uncanny power with your style of choice (MA, Brawl, Boxing, or Grappling.)
Effect: damage of normal fighting techniques +1 Strength attribute

Are these considered passive or do they have to be activated in battle? There are three viable scenarios.
1) After learning these, you have the ability to use them all the time as they enhance your existing abilities. I.e. Intense strikes applies to MA fighting with no additional stamina draw and your hands always move fast when attacking.
2) You learn these like normal techs and it exerts more stamina to use these increased abilities. I.e. there is a 10% draw when you go from normal MA fighting to enhanced MA fighting.
3) You activate the ability in battle and only pay the stamina cost once when you first use it.

Last edited by escalation on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 3978

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:24 am

I have an interesting question, I was wondering if a woylf would be able to use there attack based techniques while in there human form?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:43 am

think this was already answered?... one of the first questions about techs... but nah.
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:24 am

Lol, alright boss man. I remember asking about Feral Senses and Feline Agility but those two are passive abilities.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:46 pm

In order to learn a combined tech package all you need to do is meet the TEXP requierment and the EXP or WC requirement, that is if you have both packages already, correct?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Rep! : 29

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 am

right
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Alright, here's another one for ya ^^. Since a character's affinity makes it easier to learn techs in there affinity, would that mean they are more skilled with there affinity and thus man it was stronger, since it would appear they are more adept and skilled in it since they learn techniques in that field more easily then others
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 2:16 am

What?

A character is skilled in their affinity and better at using the abilities, thus the 1/2 stamina cost and 1/2 TEXP. Not sure what else you're asking.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:43 am

What I'm talking about, is it being stronger then it would when it isn't your affinity.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:34 am

No it doesn't
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 am

Rekoa wrote:
No it doesn't
TRU
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 4:17 am

Here's some more for you, first with the 'Fighter's Heart' tech, if you have multiple of the basic fighting styles, could you get multiple of these to cover each of those styles? 2nd, with the 'Lightning Kicks' and 'Intense Strikes', do they have a drain? because when they become perfected they are always active and that would be a constant drain on the person O_O
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Here's some more for you, first with the 'Fighter's Heart' tech, if you have multiple of the basic fighting styles, could you get multiple of these to cover each of those styles?
you just need the tech once. it covers all melee fighting... i think

2nd, with the 'Lightning Kicks' and 'Intense Strikes', do they have a drain? because when they become perfected they are always active and that would be a constant drain on the person O_O
i think i ruled on this a while back. think they have activation drains or something. psi should remember >.> but the short answer is ya, it drains you a lil more than doing a regular kick unless it's passive
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:27 pm

question..

Intangibility :
TEXP: 10
A horizontal phase shifting ability that allows the user to walk through objects and allow objects to pass through you while in the physical realm.

How do things like Fire / Lightning effect this? Fire and lightning are not physical objects, and are based off of the laws of physics. Even if a physical object can pass through you, you would still be effected by the basic foundations of how matter works, right?
explain this a bit more for me.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:34 pm

The fact that it states it shifts across planes suggests it wouldn't be on the same plane as something that does not plane shift, such as fire, electricity; if two things are not in the same plane, one cannot effect the other.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:58 pm

it never states that you actually leave this plane of existence, just that while you are in this realm physical things, such as punches and bullets would be inactive. This also doesnt make note of psychic based attacks as well
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:13 am

That's not saying much as there's much that the description of techniques do not state, as if they did, they would probably have paragraph long descriptions for their properties (i.e. it doesn't say whether or not you can breathe while phase shifting, whether you age, etc). Going by the word "intangibility" I would assume Shin's vision for the technique was that tangible things would not affect it, so go with "intangibility" = not touchable with the definition of physically touching.

However, in another facet, the technique does not list a stamina drain, so it probably should have a significant drain. Also, I would assume the person could not attack while in this state, so I would also add to it that it takes a post to return to tangible form.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:16 am

intangible means physical no touchy. good point about the stamina. i'll have t'look into that.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:55 am

Alright, I have a question concerning a battle I'm in.
This is what happened:
Technique Questions - Page 2 Explan10

The explanation I was given is:
Quote :
all of my stats are at strong
Lightning bolt is a lower level tech, so it is quicker to throw off. It wasnt meant to nullify damage, but to cause them to explode at a distance. Regardless of the overall strength, I dont need to hear anything, I can see them right in front of me. I wasn't using a defensive technique, just flowing lightning into lightning.

Basically, I threw a quick lightning bolt into part of yours at a distance when I noticed the glowing balls, which I am familiar with already. If you were using it on a fire or earth user, it would probably be more effective due to their lack of field knowledge.

Lyte flies start appearing
I recognize an ability that I also have
I throw a lightning bolt at a part of them
Flight straight up, with a slight angle towards the previously lit section

My primary problem is with the fact that the other character, who is in humanoid form, failed to chant,
but my question is: is it possible to prematurely detonate destructive level lytflies with a weaker electrical tech?
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:36 am

Here is what I am asking, since I deleted the chant when I altered the post the first time to shift my strategy.

I see ability coming towards me from distance.
I fly up at Strong Speed
I throw a lightning bolt at an area to slow it down / detonate it. Its a ball of lightning, so if a charge hits it, it would throw off the balance. Its not like im using a weak technique, im using a Strong one, and im not detonating all of them, just a small area for no reason, since I'm already above the area and out of the way?

and you didnt chant either?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:39 am

kay kay, i'll just answer what u asked. using lytning bolts as a trigger to set off lyteflies seems doable.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:40 am

Antifreke wrote:
Here is what I am asking, since I deleted the chant when I altered the post the first time to shift my strategy.

I see ability coming towards me from distance.
I fly up at Strong Speed
I throw a lightning bolt at an area to slow it down / detonate it. Its a ball of lightning, so if a charge hits it, it would throw off the balance. Its not like im using a weak technique, im using a Strong one, and im not detonating all of them, just a small area for no reason, since I'm already above the area and out of the way?

and you didnt chant either?

you threw down a bolt?
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:00 am

This is the order of my response

I saw the lyteflies coming at me >
I flew straight up >
Pulled a lightning bolt down into a section of them >
Floated there , with my hand pointing towards the ground, ready to do something else

this brings a question to mind.
I dont think an animal form of a demon or spirit, since it is locking away its power, should be able to use anything over Strong. Since they require a chant to use, it seems like you would have to be at full capacity to even be able to attempt to complete a fully powered technique of those levels.

It doesnt make sense for a spirit at Low / Average stats to pull off a major technique that requires chanting at full power.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:12 am

no, i meant, did you throw down the bolt, or did it come from the sky? i'm guessing you make the motion to the skies and it fell down into the flies, is what you're saying?
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:14 am

it came from the sky. I havent got the technique cleared by you yet so I wont use it. The lightning bolt has to come from the sky for now.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:17 am

ok
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:33 am

this brings a question to mind. I dont think an animal form of a demon or spirit, since it is locking away its power.
the powa's not locked if the demon unlocked it. the form aint a self restraint. they just choose this form over the other. i dunno if she unlocked the form beyond this or not.
...should be able to use anything over Strong.
attributes dun limit the techs you can use on any race, i dun think
Since they require a chant to use, it seems like you would have to be at full capacity to even be able to attempt to complete a fully powered technique of those levels.
yokai r the same but stronger
It doesnt make sense for a spirit at Low / Average stats to pull off a major technique that requires chanting at full power.
lol, ya, but ya look prettier and can pass for a human, kinda
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:13 am

what I am saying is this..

Im confused about the requirements to actually do something. If something requires a chant to be completely 100% at full strength, then if you decide to go into a smaller body that cant chant what needs to be chanted, why would it still be at full power? I think that there should be a disadvantage for hiding in the shadows as an animal and throwing heavy techs if you cant completely fulfill the base requirements for casting it
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:52 am

ah, i see what ur sayin. it dun seem like you're confused tho. technically, u could do the same thing, i think. but i'll look into that when i'm over over the patch/mass site edits, and see how i feel about changing what it currently is.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:55 am

roger that. I was just looking over at the page, and it says.
" Normally, abilities that don't do damage are 5 count chants or more. Abilities that have damage require chants of 5-10 words. The strength in which you say a chant corresponds to how strong the spell will be, therefore, you cannot whisper a chant lightly and exert full power into it."

Gah, work sucks.. im gonna go do some training.. we have a lot of work to do to get this thing off the ground.

Here is my next question. Can you make a custom combination ability for any two packages, as long as you meet the requirements ? [ie: half techs at mastered or higher]
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:00 am

Antifreke wrote:
there should be a disadvantage for hiding in the shadows as an animal and throwing heavy techs
The disadvantage is that you can't use physical techs, except the last three non-damage-causing ones or any non-custom combine tech. If people in their onitransformation still had to chant when the only techs they can use are magix then that "advancement" would be a handicap.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:18 am

@ ash: ya, i think so
@ mariko: ah, i see
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:28 am

So, you are telling me that if I am a gorilla, I cant punch you?
animals have physical abilities as well. The other transformation doesnt do anything, except give you another animal form. most natural animals don't use magic anyway, so it would make sense that since you are required to chant, you have to be in human form.

I havent found it anywhere on the site that says you can cast in animal form without chanting. at least chanting to yourself mentally is still posting that you are doing it, but to completely do it "wordlessly", would be impossible based on what the site says.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:45 pm

Where does it say that a demonic animal can't speak? Naruto's fox thingy could talk, so why can't an oni? Mokkun, Abe no Masahiro's shikami, could talk and chant as well and could transform into a human form where he could throw bigger stuff but he could still use your fire.

In regards to the physical package requires, you have to be in a humanoid form... technically a gorilla could be considered "humanoid" unless you don't believe that evolution occurred and I'm not going there. You wouldn't be able to fire guns and such, but you could make an argument for using the brawling package depending on your animal.

Shin: Easiest solution: "A magix user that uses a technique requiring a chant but does not wish to chant may use the technique without a chant at 1/2 strength @ Honed and at 3/4 power at Perfected." The math isn't even hard b/c if a Destructive ability was going to deal 100% dmg and it's only at Honed, then without the chant, it would deal 50% dmg without a chant.

Whispering: Personally, I don't see how this plays a part b/c in several anime and such, there is the soft-spoken character that starts chanting and they can do all sorts of stuff. You shouldn't need to yell b/c of the magnitude of the spell. One major reason is because, what if you received an injury to your vocal chords as a child (Whispers from the movie, Hoodlum) where all you can do is whisper or if you have a naturally raspy, low decibel voice. Some sound would need to be made, but I don't think a noise level should be required. Also, it allows for sneak attacks in crowds which we really haven't seen yet, but still, it would be possible.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:33 pm

that all makes sense to me, because it was actually spoken in some manner. Saying something "wordlessly" wouldnt cover being at full strength.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:33 pm

It is not stated that animals are unable to chant, yet it is stated that Yokai in animal form are able to caste spells without chanting; this gives some incentive to being a Yokai (something no one is). I find it amusing that now this is brought up, given Seven has been doing the same thing Mariko has in a Shinteractive Quest and even did it IN the SAGA. I guess some people are ignored easier than others. Still, it would make sense that demons are able to speak in all forms, and Mariko has spoken on occassion in fox form, if I am remembering correctly. Therefore, it's not a matter of if she can chant, more so does she have to chant if she doesn't want to. She should have to as she is not a Yokai. Still, the argument here is inane, because Ash's point is that Mariko is playing cheap by hiding from him, not chanting, and blasting off destructive level spells, Kaz confirms that there is no reason why a character shouldn't be able to whisper chants and get spells off at full power, and so you start to see the pointlessness of this. Mariko can STILL hide as she has been doing and whisper the chants in a manner where Ash should not be able to hear; the only thing is, this opens the realm for Ash to mod and say "of course I heard you, I have good hearing." I think passion and conviction should account for the strength of a chant (which is not always, but is often bound by volume) and if someone wants to be able to "train" their chanting or casting abilities, it should be insanely hard, but possible (since I don't have magic).
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Well, I thought you got to keep the ability to switch into your yokai form when you did the ascension quest, since the base stats are still listed as "weak" on Grunty's bio. The really small vixen was that vestigal yokai form, which is why I didn't post chanting in that form.
But my question still remains. Since you only lose techs in Onitransformation and Kamitransformation and gain nothing, what's the point to using them?

Also, I should add that with the logic Kaz is using with his easiest solution, I should be able to request that yokai, oni, and kami in animal form be able to use guns and swords provided that they take a stamina penalty. Really, I think giving a humanoid the ability to not chant would really throw off the balance, as the way things are now, the yokai have a slight advantage when spell casting and the humans/humanoids have an advantage with weaponry and physical/combine techniques.

Last edited by LittleMariko on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos :{)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:30 am

What techs do you lose when you become a Oni or Kami? I never read that. Also, aren't yokai meant to be animal-based? An onihume/kamihume is a humanoid creature... so there's no reason why they can't use a gun in that form. And those would make far more sense that what Shin has already approved which is a wolyf using a sword.

Yokai are animals though, so justifying that they can use weapons would be much harder to do. Now if your character is "Base Yokai" then she doesn't have to chant. I was under the impression that you were "Adv Yokai" in which you would have to chant in that case.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:36 am

lol and now yall see why i don't change stuff mid stream. yokai are able to caste w/o chanting and in that form she is a yokai, so that's fine by what we got on the site so far. but overall, they got weak stats, can't use weapons, body armor, martial arts, technology, etc. their offset is that they dun have to chant. i'm not about to approve somethin that makes kaz and ash not have to chant in their human forms. i made everything the way i did when i made it for a reason. can't remember everything right up front, but it all comes back to me sooner or later. dun feel like getting into a wevit vs kinos b/c once i change one thing to try to balance something, i gotta change 10 more. play w/how things are now. if i feel like changin something, i'll do it w/the patch. i'll look over what everyone said here and take it all into account n stuff. but ya, for now, continue like we've been doin for the past months.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:20 pm

● Yokai
Attributes: Weak
A spirit based creature that is a level up from the lower class, harmless spirits. It has 2 forms that it is able to take in the shape of an animal. In its normal form, it assumes the guise of an animal type with examples being a bison, horse, lion, etc. Once it's unlocked, it can assume its powered form where its form alters sometimes giving it wings, horns, or creating a hybrid with another animal, such as a fox mixed with a griffin. These mid level demons are the only class that can use magixal abilities without the use of chants. These spiritual beings are not able to effect the physical surroundings of the earth realm without spiritual awareness and cannot be seen by ordinary humans.

Ascension Quests
The quest to become a higher order spirit
Requires: 750 words
A Yokai can become a higher order spirit many different ways. For example, you can achieve this by combining with other stronger spirits to create one higher order demon, you can be granted the strength to become a higher order demon, or you can use your own inner strength to pull off the transformation triggered by a traumatic memory or event. Be creative and introduce your new spiritual body to the world.

Quest Effect: Class change from Yokai to either Kamikonjou or Onikonjou.

You need to re-look at your content, Shin. Only the Yokai can use spells without chants, and she's most certainly done the Ascenscion quest to become an Onikonjou, meaning she's no longer the mid-level demon but a higher order spirit.
The fact that it still says you're "Weak" on your bio is clearly an error, as Onikonjou have "Average" stats. That's hardly a justification. From the instant that you changed your class from Yokai to Onikonjou, you lost the ability to use spells without the need for a chant.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Hmm... Themeless has a point... but it's more than just the attribute thingy, it's the race description. Look at Grunty's bio, it says (yokai - onikonjou) on there.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:30 pm

lol. good point there too. so by what i put there, you can't re-transform back into a yokai. we don't have hybrids here, so you can't be both.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Kyro made the same point in that big bulk of text somewhere.

"She should have to as she is not a Yokai"

That part there. >>
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:38 pm

i never read what he or kaz write
shit's WAY too long winded, but thx for pointing that out
i normally post from work, so i have to go off of what ppl copy and paste since i dun have time to go on the site, read the stuff then think. i'm normally interrupted in that process
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Lmao. By the way, while I'm on this page, I had a question as well. One of Kaz's customs.

» // Telekinesis II
Having perfected the use of basic telekinesis, Psyre's affinity with the power reaches a new, stronger level that allows him to manipulate objects with force that the average seer is not capable of. Growing more in tune with his spirit side, he is able to move and manipulate the motion of objects with his mind with growing capability.
Effect: +1 to Psyre's mental strength attribute

What I'm wondering is why this is even an exclusive custom to him. The conditions of him having the tech are 'Having perfected the use of basic telekinesis'. Those terms sound simple enough. Telekinesis is not only a Seer ability, but also an Advanced Magic, so almost anyone can manage a Perfected level of it.

I'm not asking to have that custom removed from him, or anything, I just wanna know why it's there, or why it was approved in the first place.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:13 pm

So I guess that means I have to pick one or the other now?
I guess that's fine, but I'll have to think about it for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Bah, nvm. I'd go with yokai
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Quote :
Well, I thought you got to keep the ability to switch into your yokai form when you did the ascension quest, since the base stats are still listed as "weak" on Grunty's bio. The really small vixen was that vestigal yokai form, which is why I didn't post chanting in that form.
It's understandable if that is what you thought, which lead to this, but there are several indications that it is a class change and not a staking transformation; furthermore, it states you have a "new spiritual body." As we've handled this in the past (i.e. Imm) not reading the description is not an exception or an excuse. In all fairness, the description is very clear, even if your update left the vagueness. The timeline of thought and understanding should go 1) realize you want to do a quest and why you want to do it after reading about it, 2) do it, and 3) get updated for it. You cannot think "oh it must work like this" because of how something was updated. In your defense, your attributes should have been updated and the Yokai-Onikonjou error should have never been put onto your bio since the update plainly stated:

Link:|| https://wotr.rpg-board.net/lower-commons-f53/stroll-open-t235.htm
Quest Name:|| Ascension Quest
Reward:|| Quest Ability: Onikonjou conversion
EXP:|| (not sure how much I get, but it's 787 words long)
Bio Link:|| It says "approved" but I don't see it on the bio board o.o

This can be corrected. As we've slapped Psi's hand in the past, you should know that anything that could be viewed as a loophole will eventually be corrected. This does bring up the point that most of your RPing thus far has been in a small "cuddly" animal form, like a Kamikonjou, and not a hideous beast form, like a onikonjou would have. That could be a potential complication for you, since your character's development is backwards and has been for several months due to this just coming up now. Still, overall, your character seems more like a kamikonjou rather than an onikonjou.

Speaking on the chanting issue, it isn't localized only to Mariko, since I've noticed several parties forgetting to chant, or not chanting in demonic animal form. I accept partial responsibility since I basically "didn't give a damn," but that is how things like this become an issue. But I know that more than 1 person are got the impression that all animal forms could cast without chanting, which is erred. Now would be the opportune time to rectify the issue for everyone across the board.

Quote :
But my question still remains. Since you only lose techs in Onitransformation and Kamitransformation and gain nothing, what's the point to using them?
Just because something is offered, doesn't mean it has to be taken. There are strategic advantages and disadvantages that would be based on the role-player, their preferences, and storyline style. If you see no point to put T-EXP and EXP into a transformation, then do not take it.

On a vaguely related note, to Shin, the fact that the Adv. Yokai have to chant kind of takes away from it's glitter, IMO; but I suppose you can always revert back if you wanted to go the non chant route. I don't see how gaining more power would force a yokai the necessity to chant; it's not like they have a humanoid form... ever.

Quote :
Also, I should add that with the logic Kaz is using with his easiest solution, I should be able to request that yokai, oni, and kami in animal form be able to use guns and swords provided that they take a stamina penalty. Really, I think giving a humanoid the ability to not chant would really throw off the balance, as the way things are now, the yokai have a slight advantage when spell casting and the humans/humanoids have an advantage with weaponry and physical/combine techniques.
Often times in role-playing, we look at "what this can do for my character" rather than "would this fit my character." We should role-play under the assumption that we won't know that if we do an attack, it does a certain percent of damage. A question like this is too OOC based. Sesshomaru didn't give a damn that he couldn't use his sword in his final transformation because he didn't think about the implications of a sword versus being a big ass beast. For purposes like this, I perhaps have the weakest characters on the site.

Quote :
i never read what he or kaz write
shit's WAY too long winded, but thx for pointing that out
i normally post from work, so i have to go off of what ppl copy and paste since i dun have time to go on the site, read the stuff then think. i'm normally interrupted in that process
Ass, the first post would only be considered long by a six-year-old child under the care of remedial education.

Quote :
Lmao. By the way, while I'm on this page, I had a question as well. One of Kaz's customs.

» // Telekinesis II
Having perfected the use of basic telekinesis, Psyre's affinity with the power reaches a new, stronger level that allows him to manipulate objects with force that the average seer is not capable of. Growing more in tune with his spirit side, he is able to move and manipulate the motion of objects with his mind with growing capability.
Effect: 1 to Psyre's mental strength attribute

What I'm wondering is why this is even an exclusive custom to him. The conditions of him having the tech are 'Having perfected the use of basic telekinesis'. Those terms sound simple enough. Telekinesis is not only a Seer ability, but also an Advanced Magic, so almost anyone can manage a Perfected level of it.

I'm not asking to have that custom removed from him, or anything, I just wanna know why it's there, or why it was approved in the first place.
Custom Ability Quest
The quest to come up with your own technique
Requires: 14 TEXP, 2,000 EXP, 500 words
Learning a custom ability can be hard. Not everyone will have the discipline to do so. After you come up with a feasible ability (submit for manager approval) then depending on the type of ability or what package it comes from, you will want to train and learn it. For Magixal abilities, you might have to toy with chant combinations and energy levels to get them just right. If it's physical, then repetition may be the key. Either way, work at it and you should be able to learn it.
Quest reward: Custom Ability

Nowhere does it say custom techniques are exclusive; thus deletes the first "wondering" concern. The lack of that word opens the door for people to steal customs, as they cannot be copyrighted, which in turn adds for a possible interesting development. "It was approved" answers the question "why it's there" with the obvious answer to the last question, "because Shin thought fit to approve it." You discredited your query stating that you do not want the custom removed or anything, therefore making the questions there after pointless. There's not purpose to be served by answering them seriously. If you have an issue with Psi's form of modding, it has to be dealt with in a non passive manner, which means, stating disagreements in plain text and not making sideway remarks to try to get his customs pulled under the microscope in retaliation to what he and Ash did with Mariko.

Quote :
Bah, nvm. I'd go with yokai
That would actually derail your current storyline quite a bit.

Conclusion:
Heaven forbid there be drama on the site that I -don’t- speak on.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:09 pm

wow.. I never figured me trying to figure something out would result in this much discussion..

so I have a question ^_^... sorry sorry..

So.. a transformation is not a transformation at any time, like a DBZ saiyan, its basically an upgrade permanently? Is that correct, or is it backward compatible?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Transformations are quest abilities, thus the reason they cost stamina to stay in them. You will notice, however, that some are listed as passive and others as active; just in this case, the ascension happened to be a class change. Nothing to get confused about; just read.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:38 pm

escalation wrote:
On a vaguely related note, to Shin, the fact that the Adv. Yokai have to chant kind of takes away from it's glitter, IMO; but I suppose you can always revert back if you wanted to go the non chant route. I don't see how gaining more power would force a yokai the necessity to chant; it's not like they have a humanoid form... ever.

Quote :
Yokai
Attributes: Weak
A spirit based creature that is a level up from the lower class, harmless spirits. It has 2 forms that it is able to take in the shape of an animal. In its normal form, it assumes the guise of an animal type with examples being a bison, horse, lion, etc. Once it's unlocked, it can assume its powered form where its form alters sometimes giving it wings, horns, or creating a hybrid with another animal, such as a fox mixed with a griffin. These mid level demons are the only class that can use magixal abilities without the use of chants. These spiritual beings are not able to effect the physical surroundings of the earth realm without spiritual awareness and cannot be seen by ordinary humans.

Yokai Transformation Quest
The quest to unlock the Yokai second form!
Requires: 14 TEXP, 750 words
A strong Yokai is able to transform into its second form which is more powerful than its first. In order to call out the second transformation, a Yokai must surpass the limits of its first transformation. Examples of how this can be done are during battle, meditation, memory unlocking or dreams. There are other ways, but in the end, the Yokai should be able to endure the stress put on it and grow into a much larger version of itself.
Quest Ability: Yokai Transformation (active) - increases the size and attributes of a Yokai (Strong) allowing it to maintain a stronger form.

It says that yokai have 2 forms and that they don't have to chant. The fact that they mention not having to chant after they discuss the second form and the fact that there's nothing in the transformation description that implies a class change or a loss of any abilities including the ability to unchant would lead me to believe that stronger yokai can still cast without chanting.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:38 pm

so, Mariko's thing is a class change up to a human based demon?
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Oh, Jesse, did you do the ascension quest, or did you just start as a kami?
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:04 am

Lol! You make some funny-ass assumptions, Kyro. I got nothing against Kaz, this is in no way a retaliation to anything, the question's been on my mind even before the incident with Mariko. I just happened to find myself on the right thread so I figured I might as well slip it in. Just a member with a concern, and you could have been more friendly about it. However, I see you're still lacking in courtesy. But, I guess you've answered my question, I can't help that you take enjoyment in being a smartass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Technique Questions
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next