Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Technique Questions

Go down 
+14
Kazakura
Datorru
Themeless
Antifreke
rekoa
Kiun
Dwem
LittleMariko
DarkKnightCecil
Surreal SaDiablo
яuиє
Psi Prince
ShinTre_Admin
aѕceпxion
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Technique Questions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ω Intense Strikes
TEXP: 2
Fists move so quickly with punches they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Lightning Kicks
Feet are able to kick so swiftly that they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Fighter's Heart
TEXP: 5
The ability to fight with uncanny power with your style of choice (MA, Brawl, Boxing, or Grappling.)
Effect: damage of normal fighting techniques +1 Strength attribute

Are these considered passive or do they have to be activated in battle? There are three viable scenarios.
1) After learning these, you have the ability to use them all the time as they enhance your existing abilities. I.e. Intense strikes applies to MA fighting with no additional stamina draw and your hands always move fast when attacking.
2) You learn these like normal techs and it exerts more stamina to use these increased abilities. I.e. there is a 10% draw when you go from normal MA fighting to enhanced MA fighting.
3) You activate the ability in battle and only pay the stamina cost once when you first use it.

Last edited by escalation on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:33 am

ya, my vision for support was t' support others
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Themeless
Veteran

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Question on Darken. As it says it turn's the area's day into night, could this work to transform Woylfs, Night Seers, or Vaspires into their stronger forms? And day seers into their weaker? Or is it strictly for visual effect?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Darken
TEXP: 10
A spell that darkens the surroundings of an area, turning day into night in covering an area that increases with the level of mastery.
Effect: darkens up to 25 ft, area increases x1 per level (i.e. x3 at honed), drain is Medium

The range on this seems off. Twenty five feet is about the size of my bedroom, thus Darken would be more like a "shadow" (no pun with the package name intended). With a max range of one hundred and twenty five feet, it's not terribly impressive at perfected. A technique like this should probably be around the same range as "Rain" for it to work properly. Keep in mind a normal city block is about 800 yards (aka 2,400 ft), so at perfected, this technique should at least cover a block to be effective IMHO.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:40 am

With the Toughness and MToughness packages. In order to gain the effects of the two techs, you have to use them as in readying your self for an attack or something like that, right? Or is they always active on you >_>
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Rep! : 20

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 4:05 am

They're not passive. So I think you have to use it in prep to a hit.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Rep! : 29

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 8:58 am

yup
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 1:15 pm

Themeless wrote:
Question on Darken. As it says it turn's the area's day into night, could this work to transform Woylfs, Night Seers, or Vaspires into their stronger forms? And day seers into their weaker? Or is it strictly for visual effect?

ya, it does that
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Wow... I leave for a while and when I return, the Seer Package has been nerfed to hell...

Pyro went from Fierce to Strong
Crystalvision went from a block to a football field which you can see with your own eyes easily

The fact that Eve\'s Seed has Average guard really doesn\'t seem like much of a benefit when you look at how the other abilities have been nerfed. Just wondering if there was a purpose to this since Possessed chars still can\'t learn Mag 3?

EDIT ADDITION: Good work on the new packages tho... they seem interesting... hopefully, I\'ll be able to return after the pledges cross over.

EDIT 2: I saw the Curse part when I finished searching... hence why I was editing... clicky linky

Last edited by Psi_Prince on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Re: Boww

Pyro was and still is an auto hit.

Curse did not lose anything as per Breakdown page: "Curse: Spiritually poisons Humans, Kamikonjou, Hitorinji and characters with Spiritual Arts. Cursed items and attacks damage susceptible targets as if they have weak attributes. Curse makes it so that a character can only use 50% of its max stamina and causes reoccurring pain. Stamina and HP cannot be regained while spiritually poisoned. Curse cannot be removed by AntiPoison, but you can remove Curse by being Blessed. The effects of Curse lasts until the character dies or is cured." Now it's just universal.

You can't see a football field with buildings in the way.

See: https://wotr.rpg-board.net/off-topic-and-ooc-f64/shindows-update-expansion-pack-t1141.htm
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Pyro isn't an autohit... you can shield against it. Lies you speak! At least when I return, there will be new packages for me to pick up... hmm... how to utilize Shadow and Light together... I'll look at that after my essays.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: OK!   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Here's my question.
We have this tech:
Quote :
Unwetting Rayne
A dry shower rains in a 'house wide' radius that boosts the strength of all those within the radius, not including the caster. Each target is affected for a number of turns based on the casters mastery of the technique (+1 per level).
Effect: +1 attributes of affected targets, drain is Fierce
and this rule for control levels and accuracies:
Quote :
This can be applied to most techniques and it controls the experience a user has with a technique, the chance a spell will work correctly or how well a user's aim is. The longer a person role-plays with the ability to do a technique, the more sophisticated should become naturally. This can make the use of a technique more accurate and precise and will remove the possibility of producing a "dud" or spoofing a technique. Techniques have five levels of mastery. The mastery of a technique also lessens how much stamina it costs. An ability can be extremely powerful, but the user still could have no control over it if they don't train it.

So, since Unwetting Rayne already states that the control level affects duration, and the rules state that the control level + accuracy relationship doesn't exist for all techs, does that mean that UR has a control level + duration relationship instead of a control level + accuracy relationship?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:31 am

The the implications of this question would also apply to pull down, zeroG, and the myriads of spells that increase in radius with trained levels. At it's most basic level, the question becomes "can you pull off a spell you haven't trained every time you do it even if it's not as strong as it is in its full form."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:05 am

At its base, my question is: do you suffer a double penalty on a tech until you have it at perfected?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:19 am

To counter that, I wouldn't see it as a double penalty. The ability for the technique to linger longer than 1 post is actually benefit, that previously was not offered. The tech could easily have remained how it was and only been good for a few posts, or for one post per casting with the accuracy based on training, as all spells generally are. Therefore training it gives you a double positive.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:11 am

@ kaz: silence whore! you're not around enough to complain!
@ kyro& jaijai: most spells will have the accuracy w/em regardless, so ya for that tech train it like any other spell to see if it works
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Summoner
» Enhanced Attributes
Unlocks the spirit's inner strength causing it to increase in attributes.
Effect: spirits attributes increase to Strong

Shouldn't this one of those passive abilities that doesn't need training?
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:05 pm

So I'm confused. Do the Hitorinji get a transformation? And what is this stuff about being more adept at skills dependant on their proficiency? Does that mean I deal more damage with my attacks if I'm a physical weapon affinity? Do my spells go up one step defensively/offensively if I'm spell based? I'm very lost here.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Mode invoking Tech's

So I have a Tech at rank 5 (Perfected) that invokes a mode for hmm 5 post (I don't really but that doesn't matter) We'll call this tech Mode A
1) Does it cost sta to Invoke Mode A? If so is it a set sta (ie: 5 sta) or does it cost sta for each post (ie: 5 sta on post 1st post, 5 sta on 2nd post.... so on and so on)
2) If when Mode A ends can it be Invoked again right after the 5th post. or is there a cool down
3) While Mode A is Invoked can Mode B be Invoked (ie: Jet Lee goes DBZ and invokes Fighter's Heart, and Lightning Kicks to pwn Chuck Norris's ass with a super Kitasu Kao... Chuck blocks it with his iron chin custom taken no dmg while the earth blows up for the shock weave)
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 6:17 pm

H2H Site wrote:
Ω Godspeed
Rapidly increases movement from a standstill over a short distance. The user seems to move from one place to the other in the blink of an eye.
Effect: range = 2 ft per level, drain is Medium

2 ft is literally a little step to the side and even 10 feet at Perfected puts you maybe two or three steps away. I was under the impression that this was the "Bleach shimmer" move. Also Godspeed with a range of only 10 feet at its highest level. Perhaps, an alternative would be 5 yards per level so even at its perfected level, you're only 25 yards away or something like that so that there is a legitimate movement since this is the top ability of the package.

H2H Site wrote:
Haku
Known as the ninja vanish this is the technique where the user dismisses themselves in a manner that makes them seem as if they've vanished with the ability to appear close by.
Effect: reappear range = 2 ft per level

Since this is an evasion technique... perhaps the range on this one needs to be calibrated a bit as well. Not the 5 yards that I suggested for Godspeed, but perhaps 3 yards? Also, what is the drain on this ability?

3) For Toughness and MToughness, how is the "activation success rate" determined? Does this one have to be trained so like at Novice 1 out of 5 times, you successfully activate the ability and it improves as you train it or does it just need to be activated?

H2H Site wrote:
Shadow Familiars
Summons shadowy nether animal or demons attached to a pool of shadows on the ground that attack at a target and have a weapon melee range from where they are generated. The number of familiar created depends on the level of control (+1 per level).
Effect: damage is Strong

I don't remember if this ever got fully addressed, but since the damage is set at Strong and you can create up to 5 familiars, does it work that regardless if someone gets hit by 1 or all 5, they still only take strong damage? It would seem that the number of familiars simply makes it easier for someone to be hit by the attack.

5) Can Shadaga (Magix 1: Shadow) be casted on someone else if say a onikonjou gets bless casted on them?

6) Since Possessed Types are part-spirit, would the Light and Support packages limit their offensive powers as well?

7) For Sakura Shower, does the caster only restore stamina to allies or will it restore to everyone in the affected area regardless of friend or foe?

8] For Heal and Refresh, I thought I saw the answer, but I can't find it now... can these be used on the caster if they so choose?

9) Light Package: Expel - does this remove negative status effects as well as buffs? I would think so b/c of "default status" but the description only mentions beneficial statuses and buffs.

10) Can someone explain the difference, if any, between White, Black, and Neutral magix? Are dark characters better with Black magix or something? Also, is there any rule against a demon being able to cast Bless on someone else? I figure it would be a very good tool in keeping one's forces in line if they are all fellow demons! Twisted Evil

So that is what 2 months of being away will do... that's a lot of questions... well I look forward to the answers so I can be brought back up to speed with what's going on since the update!
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 6:54 pm

@rekdoggy - ya... i can see that.
@darkK - whatcha talkin bout willus?! copy/paste is your friend
@rekdoggy - 1) yes, 2) yes, 3) GOOD QUESTION. for now i'll allow it unless i see that it causes issues
@kaz - good input, i'll look into all of it.
2 ) haku is more of a 'ooh pretty' than an evasion. drain on abilities w/o drain's listed is posted in breakdown
3 ) roll
4 ) think arms. a punch does the same damage as if you did a axe hand (2 hand) strike/punch. so ya, it does strong per strike. the ^ in # makes it easier to get a strike to hit etc
5 ) naw, i expressed which techs could be caste on others. use shasma.
6 ) yes
7 ) everyone
8 ) no, that's what rest is for. i expressed which techs could be caste on others in tech descriptions.
9 ) ya, char returns to how he started the rp basically
10 ) no. it just categorizes the type of package it is for now. possible expansion in the future.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Here's a fun one...

If someone successfully uses Seal on you, can you use Grand Dispel to break it?
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Seal
The ability to seal a spirit's influence within a host's body. This removes the ability of the target host to use Magix or Possession abilities. The caster must maintain visual contact with a target in order to seal it. It takes a post to start the spell and a post to end it.
Effect: Seals, drain is Fierce, effect lasts 2 days per level IRL

It's not my place to interfere, but it specifies on the ability that it removes the target's ability to use Magix. So, in theory no you can't use Grand Dispell because you can't cast the spell.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:35 pm

See that's what I was thinking too, but the description of Grand Dispel makes you wonder... b/c since Demon Arts has Unsealing which forcefully breaks the seal...

Grand Dispel
TEXP: 15
A spell that forcefully breaks/negates any magixal ability, bind, spell or illusion.
Effect: drain is Destructive

I started wondering if Grand Dispel could do the same thing...
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:40 pm

That's a very good question...
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:37 pm

wow! u found an existing paradox. so unsealing should be a defensive tech >.> but lets see. gd says "any" and seal removes magix. so how bout this. you gota use gd DURING the seal to break it, like on reaction. that why you can break it before it's fully set in place
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:26 pm

That makes sense. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:05 pm

fisho lil homie >.>
<.<
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Should this be a passive tech?

Acrobatics
TEXP: 1
Enhances the users agility and ability to move with ease in the air and perform tumbles and flips.
Effect: dexterity attribute +1 when in the air or flipping

Question 2: For an Onikonjou, since the description says that their beast form can be as small as that of a normal human, does that mean that someone could be a winged human and that would be their beast form?
b) If they can take such a form since it's predominantly humanoid, would they use the physical melee or beast melee in this form?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:33 am

Quote :
Should this be a passive tech?

Acrobatics
TEXP: 1
Enhances the users agility and ability to move with ease in the air and perform tumbles and flips.
Effect: dexterity attribute +1 when in the air or flipping

No. Just like physical melee fighting packages, your ability and skill in the utilization of acrobatics should increase as its trained, taking you from the Olympics to Spiderman.

Quote :
Question 2: For an Onikonjou, since the description says that their beast form can be as small as that of a normal human, does that mean that someone could be a winged human and that would be their beast form?
b) If they can take such a form since it's predominantly humanoid, would they use the physical melee or beast melee in this form?
b) It's called "beast" form, so guess which package it should support, genius. For simply this reason, a 'beast' form should not be allowed to be humanized. Next would come the question whether they could use human weapons and such since they would be 'humanoid beasts' which is more retarded than the Woylf discussion.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:51 am

Hey butthair, I'm just going off of the description and wanted to be sure since I was looking at the two packages and designing how my Oni transformation will look so if it needed to be more beast-like than that would affect how I established the appearance... DUH! I'm gone for over a month and you're still so lame! ^_^ Good to know tho b/c I kinda like the beast melee package the more I analyze it.

P.S. Psyre is far too pimp juice for human weapons! The Tail blade tho...

As for Acrobatics... since the benefit doesn't change tho, wouldn't it be more in the sense that you're not becoming more agile from Trained to Perfected, but moreso having an easier time perform the movements at a heightened dexterity? We might be saying the same concept, but an Olympian and Spiderman are on two totally different levels to me. Thanks for the response tho.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:34 am

Do *Required techs like the melee styles need to be trained or do you just get them and train the abilities associated with that style?
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:25 am

I have some questions about the Shadow Familiars technique.

The first is about the description of the tech, "a pool of shadows on the ground", does this mean that the pool of shadows in question could be conjured up with the technique, or the shadows created by something else?

The second is about how the technique works, would the pool of shadows be able to move around to get close to a target in order to attack the target, or are they stuck in a single place?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:37 am

Shadow Familiars wrote:

Summons shadowy nether animal or demons attached to a pool of shadows on the ground that attack at a target and have a weapon melee range from where they are generated. The number of familiar created depends on the level of control (+1 per level).
Effect: damage is Strong

So to your first question... you would basically determine where the pool of shadows is conjured up and then the demons/animals reach out from that pool, but from the description it stays in the same place and can extend out to weapon melee range, which I'm guessing is like 4 feet or so. I doubt it can move.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 1:50 am

Psi_Prince wrote:
Do *Required techs like the melee styles need to be trained or do you just get them and train the abilities associated with that style?

Yes, train both.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 am

Acrobatics would make more sense as a passive technique.
It works on the condition that you're in the air or performing some sort of flip, movement, etc, rather than an ability that you 'activate'.
Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:09 am

Not really. Brawl Fighting is not passive nor is it based on being activated in any manner dissimilar to acrobatics. Acrobatics should basically translate to how well you can flip and shit, just like Brawling translates to how well you can fight and pistol play to how well you can shoot normally.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:12 am

I agree. I'm not saying it shouldn't be trainable, it should by all means follow the Novice -> Perfected pathway.
Its just the technique itself seems better fitted as passive as its seems more like something of a permanent improvement of a character's flexibility.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:38 am

Would a technique like Unwetting Rayne affect summoned minions? (i.e. Golems, Chaotic Familiars, Puppetry, etc.)
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 10:04 am

You're BACK! *jumps and hugs*

Oh wait... I should probably ask a question...
If someone hypothetically had a pacemaker or a piercing or was an expir (or listened to a whole lot of Judas Priest) could you take advantage of their metalness with magnetism the same as you could metals in the environment?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 11:47 am

starting from the buttom up

@jai - espir descript dun say they're made w/metals. high density composite would be a lot better due to electronic interference w/their systems and w/not. if a charrie is an espir and says they're made out of metal, go for it.
you gotta use lytescatter to magnetize metals, so if you can get it to touch the pacemaker, then ya. the piercings'll prob work too, etc. it'd be the same as grabbin em and ripping em out of someone etc.

@theme - sure

@theme @ esca - ya, but if it's passive, then ppl assume it dun have to be trained. it can be thought of however it needs t'be, but it still needs to be trained to be perfected.

@rune - yes, you conjur the pool. do NOT dive into it. and no running around the pool. the pool is static. you build it, they attack there, etc. it dun have honing props.

@psi - ya, train em both

@psi2 - what would u kno bout butthair? xD
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 am

I see, alright thanks.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:02 pm

Passive not needing to be trained? Thats nonsense.
Futeki, Capacity, and almost every sensory ability are examples of the passive techs that need to be trained. The only real non-trainable passive techs are the quest techniques like flight and spiritual impression. In which case, they're not trained because they're quest techniques.

You can make a litte thing like Acrobatics passive. Chamooon. This is of course in no way related that I just learned the tech. >>

Hey Mariko! =D
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 11:47 pm

Another Shadow Familiar question; Would you be able to summon multiple pools of shadow, each with there own amount of little demon monster things, or are you only able to summon one at a time?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am

"Attached to a pool of shadows" would imply that you can only summon one pool per chant... tho that's what customs are for if you wanna make multiple.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:28 am

Then, to summon another, all I would have to do was preform the chant again, unless doing so would replace the previous one with a new one.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 1:22 am

Yeah... it doesn't say that you can only have one out at a time, but I don't know if it's a multi-turn ability. It might just be... Familiars come out, attack, sink back into the shadows.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:54 am

@ theme - lol
@ rune - 1 at a time, unless you base a custom off it. think this one is a single turn attack if it dun state that it stays out for a # of posts.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:33 pm

Alright, I have a question that deals with techniques like Shadow Familiar and the other familiar based techniques. In the info about these techs, it says that you are able to create multiple familiars based on the control level of the technique, now if you had a Familiar technique on Trained, you would be able to summon up two familiars in a way, would these two familiars be able to attack different targets, or the same target (if the master chooses) and do two separate damages to the target or targets?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:51 pm

They should be able to attack two targets.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:45 am

ya
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Lytscatters
The caster holds his/her palms together and creates an electrically charged field about their body that they can control or project, that magnetizes a metal target when activated, causing it to attract or repulse other metal objects.
Effect: magnetization lasts 2 turns per level once activated

Magnetism
A spell allowing the user is able to manipulates metallic objects that have been magnetized with a strength equal to the caster's attributes

These techs seem to go hand-in-hand with one another, but while the strength of Magnetism is determined by the caster's attribute, Lytscatters' ability isn't so clear. Would it be based off the same strength, or is there a set strength on how strong it can attract and repulse the metals? And if so, how strong is it?

On another note for the same package, some of the techs involve produce lightning from the sky. Does this lightning travel as fast as the natural thing, or does it move at the Fierce rate of techs?
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Specifically

Lytning bolt
A motion to the sky produces a single bolt of lightning that strikes down from the sky to a target.
Effect: damage is Strong, stun

Valley of Clasm
The caster performs a motion and produces several bolts of lightning from the sky, one after another, covering a target area.
Effect: damage is Fierce, area = 20 ft per level

I figured since they mention lightning explicitly in the title, it meant natural lightning.
However! That's not my question, my questions have to do with the void package.

Let's say I was using Pseudo-Invisibility:
Psuedo Invisibility
A phase shifting ability that allows the user to slip into a non mobile realm pocket making him/her undetectable in the physical realm. While in the form, the user cannot attack until they come out of the technique.

With Lytscatters:
Lytscatters
The caster holds his/her palms together and creates an electrically charged field about their body that they can control or project, that magnetizes a metal target when activated, causing it to attract or repulse other metal objects.
Effect: magnetization lasts 2 turns per level once activated

Since I can't use abilities while PI'd, does the technique pause or do the turns I'm using PI still count?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:34 pm

@ theme
1. when i made this tech, i basically wanted to make it so that small metal items would be attracted or repelled from w/e is magnetized. so like, if someone got their sword scattered, spoons, metal shards, nails and stuff would stick to it, etc. it was mostly sposed to set up magnetism but solo it'd basically make somethin metal a magnet, so i guess if the magnet had a strength it'd prob be based on the user's attributes where the use can put as much or as lil in it as they need to. i dunno if that answers ur question or not. might have to think a lil on that one.
2. i'm thinkin pretty much all mag atks move at a rate of fierce regardless of type

@ jai
1. ya, i can see what you saw there
2. the mag. lasts for 2 posts on what ever the object is that's magnetized. u dun have to hold the tech. it drops after 2 turns automatically.

hope this helps :m044:
if a description needs to be clarified in the wordin let me know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Technique Questions
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next